FLV is a very handy format for websites and overall as well but it is not as compatible and size efficient as MP4. Here is a guide on how to convert FLV to MP4 using Handbrake video converter and save the video as an mp4
Step 1: Install the software
The most important step is to install the software Handbrake if you want to use it to convert FLV files to MP4. Once you have installed the software, launch it.
Step 2: Load files
Click on the source menu that you can find on top of the program. You will get list of all the FLV files that you can convert.
Step 3: Choosing the output format
Now that you have selected the input files, next step is to select the output format. Which is in this case MP4.
Step 4: Initiate conversion process
The final process is to initiate the conversion process. To do this, click on the start button and the conversion should start.
These were four simple steps that you can follow to convert a FLV video to MP4 format. Now, here are some reasons why Handbrake is recommended for the job.
- It supports VFR and CFR
- There are a lot of video filters available.
- The quality is constant and Average bitrate encoding is present.
- There are chapter markers
- You get live Static and Video preview.
- You can add subtitles and crop the video.
- The application is licensed.
- You can choose the profile that is optimized for your device.
Handbrake is one of the best tools available for this task and it is free of cost. It is available for Mac and for Windows. You can use other tools, like Any Video Converter or VLC media player too.